Tuesday, July 19, 2016

The more that I spend time learning how to create software the more optimistic the future looks for me. Funny how in the beginning of my college career I was saying to myself when I choose to pursue a degree in computer science that I really didn’t want to learn to program because of how hard it appeared to be. But the deeper into the craft that I dig the more I realize that it's not all that difficult. It's pretty much like learning how to speak Spanish or french. Once you learn it, you can’t unlearn it, and no-one can take that away from you. The deeper down this rabbit hole that I go, the deeper I want to go. Soon I'll be efficient enough to put myself out there as a software engineer on social media websites and really kick my new career into the next level. As the tradition of computer programming goes one of the first programs that you learn to write is “Hello World”. Now the only problem is trying to choose which language to devote me to learning. At the moment it seems the first place to begin is learning the backbone of the internet itself and that learning HTML along with CSS and javascript. There are plenty of other languages out there I can sink my teeth into like swift and PHP, but I feel like those skills will come in handy after the foundation is built on the concepts of coding itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment